Friday, September 03, 2004

So Long And Thanks For All The Pressies

I have finally finished at work and on Thursday I had my leaving do. Now I'm not one to get overly emotional or maudlin but it has been fun working at Abbey (in the most part at least) and I will miss the other teachers who have always been very friendly towards me (and I'm not just saying that because they're going to be reading this!). It also reinforces a deeply held belief of mine, that to be happy/content it doesn't really matter where you are or what you do, as long as you have friends there. Sometimes the most fantastic job can seem hollow if the people you work with are obnoxious and even the most menial employ can be rewarding (although don't worry Dad, I'm not about to become a street sweeper just yet). Anyway, we ended up going to a comedy club, which I found very entertaining (so much so that the next day my jaw was still aching slightly from the laughter). I would also like to thank the people at Abbey (especially Adrian for picking them out) for the very generous gifts that they gave me as a leaving present and I am sure that I will make full use of them on my trip. However Adrian did make up for it by being a bastard and making me drink a tequila, which, I am sure, was the reason I spent Friday morning praying to the altar of Armitage Shanks.

So, so long everyone at Abbey (even those that couldn't make it out on Thursday like Cherie, Don, Debbie, Marsha, Vanessa, Michael and even Thalat) and good luck for the coming year!

No comments: