Friday, October 01, 2004

Hot Springs

Today I went on a small tour to some nearby hot springs in which you could also bathe. Very relaxing and just what the doctor ordered after the past few days on the road without a shower. The setting was absolutely gorgeous, deep within a canyon and surrounded by pine forests. Actually I didn't need for it to be at the bottom of a canyon as it entailed a tiring slog back up a steep hill to get back to Creel (perhaps during the course of the trip I might get better at the whole walking thing) Tomorrow I plan to set off into the Copper Canyon national park for a couple of days with a Mexican girl I've met here called Karla, who has been helping me with my Spanish and teaching me the multiple meanings of the word chingar, a staple of the Mexican vocabulary. However there's only one bus into and out of the canyon every day, so it might be some time before I'll be able to get back to civilisation so don't worry if I don't post for a while.

No comments: